The Minix NEO U9-H is a direct successor of the older generation X8-H Plus. The new Minix NEO U9-H has hardware specifications which you can expect on a high-end media player today (March 2017).
Since a few days I have my new Minix NEO U9-H up and running. This Minix was bought as a replacement for my NEO 8H-plus. So far I’m happy with it.
Small side note: For only Kodi use, I did not have to replace my old Minix NEO 8H-plus. Both Minix (old and new) works well and stable with Kodi. I have not noticed a difference.
Complete review will follow.
- Amlogic S912-H SoC
- Octa-Core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (64-bit) @ 2.0GHz
- 750MHz+ ARM Mali-820MP GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 16GB (eMMC 5.0) Storage
- WiFi 802.11ac 2 X 2 MIMO Dual-Band
- RJ-45 GIGABIT Ethernet
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB 2.0 port x 3, OTG port x 1 Kensington lock ready
- 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Optical SPDIF
- HDMI 2.0, up to 4K @ 60Hz Supports HDMI-CEC
- MicroSD Card Reader (256GB Max)
- Mic Jack, Headphone Jack, IR Receiver (Remote included)
- Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (probably later Android 7 will be available)
- Dual DRM Support – Widevine L1, PlayReady
- Dimensions: 128mm (l) x 128mm (w) x 20mm (h)
Whats in the box:
- Minix NEO U9-H
- IR remote control
- WiFi antenna
- HDMI cable
- USB cable
- DC 5V (2A) power adapter
- User manual